[katello-devel] development mode - running server with https using webrick

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 15:20:08 UTC 2013

As a developer, I typicallly run my server using webrick with
'use_ssl=true' in katello.yml.  In this configuration, the UI is
accessible using : https://mykatelloserver.com:3000/katello .  The main
reason that I use this configuration is that it allows me to register
clients to my dev instance and test client/server interactions.

In the past, I would run the server using :
     RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT=/katello bundle exec ./script/rails s

It appears that there may have a been a recent change where this no
longer works (i.e. thin is now the default app server).  So, if you
encounter the same and want to use https with webrick, run the server using:

     RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT=/katello bundle exec ./script/rails s webrick

(I'll check the wiki to see if it needs updates as well.)

thanks,
Brad