[katello-devel] Packaging katello-devel* deps?

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 16:34:46 UTC 2013

It looks like for rhel 6 we didn't package the katello-devel*
dependencies which allow you to do things like run unit tests by
installing katello-devel-all.  The spec file is hacked up pretty well
right now as a result (since we still ship katello-devel for fedora
18).  Recently developers have wanted to upgrade testing libraries for
new features and its not clear what they need to do in order to do that
(should they be required to  package them?  only for fedora 18?) .  So
my question:

Should we continue to bother trying to package our testing gems as rpms
?  Is it worth it?

-Justin