[katello-devel] Codebase Split-up Planning

Petr Chalupa pchalupa at redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 07:32:11 UTC 2013

I would use git subtree [1] for splitting the repositories. Clone would
keep whole history, subtree would extract history only for a particular
directory. AFAIK subtree would also allow us to prepare new repositories
and keep them in sync with the current repository (using `subtree merge`
and `subtree push`) until we are ready.

Petr

https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.txt