[katello-devel] Content view filters cli usages

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 12:52:23 UTC 2013

I hope I'm not derailing this but since I am working on the rest of the CLI (other than filters), I was wondering if I should modify the arguments' names to be consistent with how filters is planned to work. I know we brought this up yesterday but I figured it might also help to have others' input--especially since this is uncharted territory with new subcommands.

For reference, this is how it's currently set up:

katello content definition update --name=def1 --new_name=def1new
katello content definition update --label=def2 --new_name=def2new
katello content definition update --id=3 --name_name=newone
katello content definition publish --name=def3 --view_name=def3view1
katello content definition publish --label=def4 --view_name=def4new

Based on this format that you're using:

katello content definition filter list --org="ACME" --definition="content_def"

Should I change my commands to something like this?

katello content definition update --definition=def1 --new_name=def1new
katello content definition update --definition_label=def2 --new_name=def2new
katello content definition update --definition_id=3 --name_name=newone
katello content definition publish --definition=def3 --view_name=def3view1
katello content definition publish --definition_label=def4 --view_name=def4new

Thank you.

David