[katello-devel] NuTupane + Backbone Thoughts

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 11:31:29 UTC 2013

For me, the biggest pain is we are reinventing wheel everytime we need a
new component like spinner, multi-combo or things like that.

I like frameworks like GWT, ZK and others which offers these things.

If we will go for Backbone, is there any chance we can use any kind of
framework/library with bunch of prefabricated components we can just
skin and reuse?

I understand that backbone is a MVC framework, not UI library, but my
biggest concern is if we switch over to pure-JS rendering, are there any
component frameworks we can use? I googled one project called Backbone
UI which is a one man show.

LZ