[katello-devel] Fedora 18 state

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 15:41:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 09:34:36AM -0500, David Davis wrote:
> So a lot of the improvements from REE are built into MRI 1.9.3. 1.9.3
> has a lot of the same configuration options like RUBY_GC_MALLOC_LIMIT,
> RUBY_HEAP_MIN_SLOTS, and RUBY_FREE_MIN. So there's probably not going
> to be a version of REE for 1.9.3.

This is interesting, once we finish switching to 1.9 (even for RHEL6),
we may want to investigate and tune the Ruby GC for better performance
with these options for default installations. Katello eats about 200 MB
of memory by default and the Ruby defaults are too conservative.

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine