[katello-devel] katello-configure and katello.yml

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 19:02:39 UTC 2013

I am struggling to understand how to make changes to katello.yml that katello-configure won't overwrite. For example, I would not like to lose hand edits when i run 'katello-configure --reset-data=YES'.

For my current case, db:seed is failing connecting to elasticsearch and I cannot figure out how to get tire_log:true into the file. This implies to me that _every_ option available in the yml file must be a command option to katello-configure. Alternatively, an option like --use-katello-yml where the katello.yml would be read in and command line options would just trump what's there.

Suggestions?