[katello-devel] Proposal - in JS use Katello API instead custom UI controller actions

Petr Chalupa pchalupa at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 08:11:51 UTC 2013

On 22.02.13 15:08, Tomas Strachota wrote:
> On 02/22/2013 02:55 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> Also.. Thomas suggested these as well for right now:
>>
>>   As a user I want restful api without duplicate routes.
>>   As a user I want api with consistent json output format.
>>   As a user I want api to accept data in consistent json format.
>>
>> -- bk
>>

> I've already started with some of them. I'll send some info with
> proposed changes on monday.
>
> T.

After this stories We could also consider cleaning up UI specific
controller actions for calls from JS. I think we can fully replace them
with calls to API. This would reduce amount of code in controllers we
have to maintain and make controllers more DRY (some actions in UI and
API controllers are similar).