[katello-devel] bundler install issues

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 15:07:01 UTC 2013

Bundler dependency resolver just sucks, there are many reports on that
topic. I have learned, that the only way to fix this undeterministic
behavior is to lower down the searching space.

Provide exact versions to few dependencies and then it will be able to
resolve. Start with biggest (richest) deps like rails. This will usually
help. Once the lock file is created, you can revert the change.

Various bundler/ruby combinations misbehave. Another reason why I am not
using bundler even for development much.

LZ