[katello-devel] Issues on github

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 17:50:04 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 06:52 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 01/04/2013 03:30 PM, Eric Helms wrote:
>> Since they were switched on we had two community issues raised that were
>> quickly addressed in both instances.  Seems to me like they were doing
>> their job as intended and serve as the most obvious place to log a
>> community related bug.
>
> Two?
>
> I see three:
> Post 1.1 Code "Breakup" Discussion (#450) - which is just discussion
> started by jrist
>
> Extranious characters found in navigation when using Fedora 17 (ruby
> 1.9) (#1224)
> started by mmccune
>
> Spelling error, localdoamin should be localdomain (#1350)
> started by netbulae
>
> So one issue, which belong more to mailing list, one issue which belongs
> to Bugzilla - both by core developers
> And only one issue filed by non-developer.

I really wanted to use github issues for community bugs.  I loathe
bugzilla, it is total overkill in complexity and usability for community
members.  I found the interface and simplicity of the issues list in
github to be better for a community project.  The main downside that
killed it for me was that every PR polluted the issue list with an entry
which made it tough to separate issues with pull requests.

I'm fine with turning issues off again and sticking with BZ.

Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com