[katello-devel] Katello-configure re-design plans

Ivan Necas inecas at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 13:21:05 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> Would there be any design goals around allowing this to facilitate developer
> installations as well as production installs?

That should be one of the side effects of parametrization of the classes and making them more independent. One of the goals is
to set the system accross more machines.

There are more approaches to development environment. Personally, I use katello-configure to set the whole environment in virual machine
and then reconfigure the apache to use my local Katello/Foreman rails server. In todays world, personally I run a script
to disable the katello and katello-jobs service, set's elasticsearch and postgres to listen on different interface and reconfigures the apache proxy etc.

After rework, it should be possible to do that with just tweeking the installation parameters.

-- Ivan