[katello-devel] Katello's foreman-build git repo

Ivan Necas inecas at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 08:22:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 02:48:40PM +0100, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> > Will we need to notify you any time we add or bump a dep, or will you
> > simply pull the latest packages from our tag?
>
> The whole idea behind this is that katello-xyz-nightly is not built
> every night. It's the katello project which is built every night, but
> backend engines (the repos) are on a weekly/random basis.
>
> Usually someone from the team picks it up and test it for others, so it
> won't break katello nightly.

The testing phase usually happened after putting it into nightlies, as
we were able to do a quick workaround fix usually in our clone of Foreman
and push the fix in few hours. That won't be the case for getting Foreman
form upstream, therefore the sanity check phase will need to be there. But
as we already will have the RPMs available, it's just about switching the
repo to foreman-nightly, seeing it working, and get it into katello-foreman
repo.

Getting new foreman was usually triggered by a need for some feature or an
important fix. We can agree on some maximal time span for keeping one version,
as we should keep up with the changes that happen there (I would suggest 3 weeks),
but I expect the need for new features will make us getting new version more frequently.

-- Ivan