[katello-devel] Katello's foreman-build git repo

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 13:16:07 UTC 2013

Guys,

before we take any action, I would like to point out the reason why
these tags do exist.

Foreman as well as Candlepin (and maybe others) are using Koji to do
their own upstream nightly (and others) builds.

Katello is an umbrella project for there with it's own nightly repo
which takes these projects and somehow stabilizes them.

Now, for the former there is xxx-nightly repo. For the latter, there is
katello-xxx-nightly repo.

If we merge them, upstream projects are loosing possibility to breathe.
E.g. a foreman nightly build can break whole Katello project.

I know things are different now, but can we consider having a "copy" of
the foreman repo in katello in the similar way that katello do with
candlepin/pulp?

At least let's discuss this. I am not against at all, just trying to
figure out what is going on here.

LZ