[katello-devel] Kerberos support design

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Wed Jun 19 10:20:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-18 3:07 PM, Marek Hulan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created a kerberos wiki page [1] with design of integration into our current
> authentication scheme (thanks Dominic for early discussions). Especially
> Martin and Tomáš should be interested because it's related to CLI. Please take
> a look and reply with questions/comments or ping me via IRC.
>
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/KerberosIntegration
Looks good to me.

Re: fallback to other backends - I think traversing an ordered list of
backends until authentication succeeds would work? Might require
additional logic for web-ui though?
Synchronized clocks is a requirement in a kerberos environment, and an
ntp server may or may not be present? I'd just make this assumption (and
maybe add a point to FAQ).

Cheers,
-d