[katello-devel] Design of SSO

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 08:36:11 UTC 2013

Thanks for the writeup. Couple of questions:

Why not to store whole OpenID URL instead of just username in the
cookie. It looks more consistent to me. For security reasons, both
applications would need to check the url if it is in expected format.

For security reasons, application<->SSO must be https with server
certificate check (both ends).

Don't we want to condition SSO usage by LDAP? Then there is no need of
asking Katello for authentication. Also migration could be easier - you
can use Foreman as standalone application with LDAP and then add Katello
without any pain of migration user accounts.

LZ