[katello-devel] loosening name restrictions for objects

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 14:19:02 UTC 2013

On 03/18/2013 09:05 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> But can you please add a _system_ test that will check these?
>
> Not an unit test, we need a system test that performs this on a real
> Candlepin instance. We had a regression when Candlepin changed
> (tightened) format of a field and we was not aware of this.
Alternatively you could write a minitest test using vcr to test on real
backend systems.

-Justin

> You can use CLI smoke tests for this as we (devs) do not have any own
> tests. Or you can negotiate this with QA dept :-)
>
> +1
>
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 08:03:27AM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> On 03/18/2013 08:01 AM, Tom McKay wrote:
>>> Currently, many objects use the KatelloNameFormatValidator which restricts names to "cannot contain characters other than alpha numerals, space, '_', '-'". I'd like to lessen these restrictions to just "cannot contain characters>,<, or /" wherever possible.
>>>
>>> Proposed changes:
>>> src/app/lib/validators/rolename_validator.rb
>>> src/app/models/permission.rb
>>> src/app/models/sync_plan.rb
>>> src/app/models/kt_environment.rb
>>> src/app/models/provider.rb
>>> src/app/models/content_view_definition.rb
>>> src/app/models/content_view.rb
>>> src/app/models/gpg_key.rb
>>> src/app/models/system_group.rb
>>> src/app/models/product.rb