[katello-devel] Puppet 2.7 or Puppet 3.1 for RHEL6

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 13:35:00 UTC 2013

I find that Foreman use in code:
   require 'puppet'
which means that I have to package puppet for ruby193.
And if I will make change, the question is how big change should I do?
Currently rhel6 have puppet 2.6.
I can build either puppet 2.7, 3.0 or 3.1.
Here is list of backward incompatible changes:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/3/reference/whats_new.html#backwards-incompatible-changes-in-3x

Since we will in near future support only Fedora 18 + RHEL6 with SC and
Fedora 18 use puppet 3.1, I think we should use puppet 3.1.

Raise your voice please if you have objections or comments.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering