[katello-devel] Weird issue after upgrade

Marek Hulan mhulan at redhat.com
Wed May 15 07:24:28 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 14 of May 2013 21:53:02 Justin Sherrill wrote:
> On 05/14/2013 09:41 PM, Og Maciel wrote:
> > Upgraded from a Friday build to today's and everything went smoothly, but
> > using the web ui fails to load properly, displaying only "invalid
> > credentials" on a blank page. I thought it was some caching issue but
> > even after clearing the cache and even restarting firefox, I still cannot
> > get the UI to show up.
> >
> > ==>  /var/log/katello/thin-log.5015.log<==
> > WARNING: making https request to https://<SERVER>/signo/user/admin without
> > verifying server certificate; no CA path was specified.
> >
> > ==>  /var/log/katello/production.log<==
> > [ERROR 2013-05-14 21:35:17 app 66dc99ffe19bd6d7ee3aa01e75ed2915 #26133]
> > OpenID authentication failed: missing [ WARN 2013-05-14 21:35:17 app
> > 66dc99ffe19bd6d7ee3aa01e75ed2915 #26133] Request is unauthenticated_api
> > for 127.0.0.1
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> I saw the same thing on a nightly f18 build as well.  I disabled SSO in
> my build to get me past it, but I'm the deeper issue remains.
>
> -Justin

I experienced this as well on LDAP based configuration. It happened to me when
I tried to login as a user that is in LDAP but not yet created in Katello DB.
When you login to Signo as such user and then try to access Katello, Signo
tells you this is the user A however Katello does not know any user A.

With this patch [1] a user in such case will see old Katello login form so he
can login using his LDAP credentials. Then he is automatically created in
Katello D and next time, Signo will work as expected.

As soon as Signo starts providing user info we'll be able to create users on
fly as well. Meanwhile user must login using old system at first to be created
in Katello.

[1]https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/2270

--
Marek