Plan B - ftp

Well, not entirely Plan B. Thanks to the good people of this list,
I have my boot floppy using the e100.o (1.6.6), which works far
better than the eepro100 or e100 modules provided. However, the
install hangs consistently when installing glibc (NFS server time
outs). Now, I'm trying to switch to a FTP based install. I can get
it to log into the FTP server and start to work, but it has some
problems:

transferring  ...  netstg1.img to a fd
created inode
No space left on device
done loading 4719616 bytes

if I watch the logs on the FTP server, it's connecting ok.
Typical google search turns up nothing that seemed related.

I should mention that I'm using SGI's XFS patched tree, but also
that this works flawlessly on non Intel STL2 motherboards. grrrr.

Thanks again,

Will