Re: superseding RH %config files in a kickstart installation

VS> roll my own rpm with the same files marked %config(noreplace) then
VS> manually move foo.rpmnew into place as a postinstall step in that
VS> rpm ?

If you're going to do that, why not just replace the 7.2 RPM
altogether, so you get your customized version installed from the
start?

VS> stream-edit the existing files on the fly in postinstall ?

I do a bunch of this.

VS> something else ?

I have any variable config files sitting on a central server; once per
hour and on every reboot the system pulls down any changed files.  (It
also uses rsync to keep /usr/local stored on local disk.)  So as the
machine reboots after the installation, it gets its initial set of
files.

 - J<