Re: problem with order of installation of package

PM> Yes, the dependencies are what makes up the pkgorder file. But the
PM> order in which packages get installed is solely based on
PM> dependencies and where there are no relevant dependencies the
PM> order is alphaphetical if memory serves, the pkgorder-stuff is
PM> only relevant to making iso-images.

I have never made an ISO image; I do all of my installs via HTTP with
all packages in a single directory.  Yet if I do not build the hdlist
file with a proper pkgorder file, things will not work properly.

You seem intent on telling me things that run contrary to my actual
experiences.  I could be completely off base, but I have solved
several installation problems simply by running pkgorder and giving
the result to genhdlist instead of just running genhdlist.

 - J<