replacing kernel

Hi

I am trying to build a CDROM based on Red Hat CD and put kickstart in the
ramdisk. I am replacing the kernel in the CD (The kernel that executes
during install).  I have changed the RPM list, modified comps  and run
genhdlist. But when I run the install, I get the screen asking em to choose
which install method(CDROM, http, ftp, nfs) and I choose CDROM, I get the
message that "I cannot find any redhat CD in your drives*. What have I
missed changing when I replaced the kernel?

Should I be running buildinstall or some such utility?

TIA
Liza