unsubscribe

Forrest Taylor <forrestx taylor intel com>
Sent by: kickstart-list-admin redhat com
04/22/2002 02:24 PM MST
Please respond to kickstart-list

To: kickstart-list redhat com
cc:
bcc:
Subject: Re: replacing kernel

Liza Alenchery wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to build a CDROM based on Red Hat CD and put kickstart in the
> ramdisk. I am replacing the kernel in the CD (The kernel that executes
> during install).  I have changed the RPM list, modified comps  and run
> genhdlist. But when I run the install, I get the screen asking em to choose
> which install method(CDROM, http, ftp, nfs) and I choose CDROM, I get the
> message that "I cannot find any redhat CD in your drives*. What have I
> missed changing when I replaced the kernel?
>
> Should I be running buildinstall or some such utility?
>
> TIA
> Liza

Where did you put the ks.cfg file exactly?  What do you have in that
file?  If you are replacing the kernel, you will most likely have to run
buildinstall et al.  Check the archives on this list and the archives on
anaconda-devel-list.

Forrest