Re: Logging from %pre section

John wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 msimoni ntlworld com wrote:
>
> > I would like to write to a file (during a RH8.0 kickstart install) from
> > the %pre section then append to this file from the %post. I have no
> > problems appending to the file from the %post section but I could not
> > manage to write from the %pre.
>
> Writing's not a problem. Careful where you write lest it get clobbered
> later.

Thanks for your reply but writing is a problem. This are the 3 last sections
from my ks.cfg :
%post
echo "blabla" >> /tmp/ks.mylog   ->  writes blabla in /tmp/ks.mylog

%post --nochroot
echo "bla bla" >> /mnt/sysimage/tmp/ks.mylog  -> I get blabla + bla bla in
the file

%pre
echo "from %pre to /tmp" >> /tmp/test-file -> nothing goes in  the file
echo "from %pre to /mnt" >> /mnt/sysimage/tmp/test-file -> nothing either in
the file

Anything wrong in this ?
Thanks.

M.