Re: dos boot image

If your packages section in the kickstart file is empty, the Base package
in the Redhat/base/comps (see CD 1 of installation CDs) will still get
installed.  If you don't want to install Base, try deleting the packages in
Base.

                    andreas lindblom as
                    Sent by:                     To:     kickstart-list redhat com
                    kickstart-list-admin@        cc:
                    redhat.com                   Subject:     dos boot image

                    02/06/2002 02:13 AM
                    Please respond to
                    kickstart-list

Hi!
I'm helping my MS Windows friend and I want to automatically repartion to
fat fs
and format the entire hd and then install a dos boot image, and no Linux
filesystem or rpms whatsoever :-(, on the hd. Is it possible to use
kickstart
and a postscript for this?
I know I can do the partioning and formating using kickstart, but are there
any
bash commands (e.g. dd) available for me to use in the postscript if I
don't
spec/install any rpms?
Is it possible at all not to install ANY rpms, I mean if I dont spec any
packages will I still get some rpms installed?
Can I use dd to copy the dos boot image to the hd boot sector?
Or is there an easier way to do all of this?

/Andreas

--
Get your firstname lastname email at http://Nameplanet.com/?su