From: Hunter Matthews [mailto:thm duke edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:16 PM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: DHCP kickstart leads to bogus entry in /etc/hosts

Has anyone else noticed that when doing a dhcp based kickstart, they end
up with an /etc/hosts with

127.0.0.1            dhcp_name localhost.localdomain localhost

Our mail admin recently made a change to sendmail that caused every
message from these machines to boucnce. I assumed it was my
configuration of sendmail (which is the config redhat ships,
unmodified). By looking at the machines which bounced versus which
didn't, I eventually found this line to be the culprit.

Any idea if kickstart (or dhcpcd) can be told not to do this?

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department