post install actions not working

Hello all,

I'm a Redhat newbie...I'm having two problems with the post installation
section of my ks file. Everything works up until the post section. Here's
the section of my ks file:

%post --nochroot

cd /var/log
/bin/mkdir /var/log/httpd

/usr/sbin/useradd config
chfn -f 'Config User' config
/usr/sbin/usermod -p '$1$Duy.dyuj$sGcm9ktN.DkxPSIs2ftclBqH1' -s
/usr/local/net-sieve/bin/shellsysconfig.pl config

/usr/sbin/useradd admin
chfn -f 'Admin User' admin
/usr/sbin/usermod -p '$1$yDU8P8zTsrr$XakVsDFNJI5MkA4lcIORn.' admin

First problem -- the mkdir commands are not working at all when I include
the --nochroot switch. Without the switch, I get the directory, but instead
of http, I get http? which wreaks havoc on my prompt when I try to switch to
it:

 [root foo log]#.....when I switch to httpd?, I get
]# ot foo httpd

Very strange.

Second problem...the useradd commands are not executing. When I look at
anaconda-ks.cfg, it lists nothing after %post. I can run these exact
commands from the command line, and they work. I've tried this many ways,
with no luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Drew