Re: SMP Kernel even when I don't have a duel processor

Ed Brown wrote:
Newer pentium 4 processors with hyperthreading are identified as two
processors by linux.  Try disabling hyperthreading in the BIOS before
installing.

Not sure this will work for the default install. My kickstart installs
the current kernel update, and relies on hyperthreading being disabled
to be able to do the right thing.

The SMP kernel did not work with the scsi driver for my hardware, and
I've generally heard it's best not to run SMP on UP machines, but I
don't know if that has changed with hyperthreading, if you should in
fact run the SMP kernel on pentium 4's with hyperthreading enabled.
Anybody?

-Ed

Definitely. It is the only way to get it to use hyperthreading.

Forrest