RE: %post script

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Preston Wade wrote:

>So it seems as thought updfstab is running after the box reboots, but
>because the filesystem package is not installing the mount points for
>/mnt/floppy and /mnt/cdrom, then it doesn't create the entries in
>/etc/fstab.  What I still don't understand is why the filesystem package is
>not creating those when I use a %post script, but does create them when I
>don't use a %post script.

Apologies for misunderstanding your original question.

You might want to try a "rpm -Va" very early in your postinstall,
possibly redirected to /tmp/somefile. This will show you all the
discrepancies between the "pristine" files from the RPMs and the current
state of the disk, including the /mnt entries.

Cheers,

Phil