Re: using kickstart to run a single command

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Patty O'Reilly wrote:

>My only experience with kickstart has been to partition, install and
>configure redhat linux machines. Is there a way to use kickstart
>without the 'install' or 'upgrade' directives to execute a script on an
>NFS mounted filesystem?

Yes, in a %pre script. You've got storage and network drivers loaded by
then, which is enough to do anything interesting.

>I want to use the RedHat boot image along with kickstart to boot a
>machine and have it access a program on an NFS mounted filesystem which
>perform a Windows install.

What program will install Windows? I've half-written an unattended
installer for Win2K, based on RH kickstart, but it's the world's biggest
kludge.

The alternative was RIS and Active Directory, which didn't appeal to me.

Cheers,
Phil