dhcp okay, but no http

Jeremy Silver jeremy at broadware.com
Fri Apr 2 16:14:37 UTC 2004

Seph,

Do the precisions have multiple NICs?  I have repeatedly had problems with
booting off one NIC and Linux defines the other as eth0, tries to get the
config file (in my case with NFS) and fails since only the other NIC was
connected.  In which case, try booting off the other NIC.  Also, I think
there is a kernel parameter in RH9 (and therefore may be in Fedora) where
you can specify which NIC to use, such as 'ksdevice=link' to use the
connected NIC or 'ksdevice=eth1' to force kickstart to use the secondary
NIC.