Limitations on %include

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Tue Apr 6 15:21:39 UTC 2004

Im looking for some documentation on which kickstart commands / options
can not be used with %include.  For instance,  it appears that the
install method (-url http://... in my case) is required on the first
kisckstart scan or at least well before the %pre scripts are executed
that generate my files picked up by %include.    I'm attempting to pick
my network installation tree via a command line parameter used with a
single common kickstart file,  picking it up from /proc/cmdline in %pre
and then customizing the install url via %include. Apparently  the tree
is already set at that point.   I assume on consideration that must be
so since the installer must pick up the stage2 images from the tree to
continue?

Im starting to wade through kickstart.py but I'd appreciated any
comments on a) what commands effectively can't be used in %include and
b) other clean ways to  accomplish the tree customization.

Regards,
Mark