Fedora Core 2 test2 and kickstart

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Tue Apr 13 03:41:10 UTC 2004

Brian Akins wrote:

> I have the following in my pxe config (watch for wrap):
>
> LABEL external
>        KERNEL vmlinuz
>        APPEND ksdevice=eth0
> ks=http://10.165.5.11/kickstart/RHAS2.1/config/ks.cfg.external
> initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=7168 console=tty0
> console=ttyS0,9600n81
>
> LABEL fedora
>        KERNEL vmlinuz-fc2
>        APPEND ksdevice=eth0
> ks=http://10.165.5.11/kickstart/fc2test2/config/ks.cfg.external
> initrd=initrd.img-fc2 lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=7168
> console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600n81 iommu=merge
>

> The "external" label works fine for RHAS 2.1.  Looking at my access
> logs, it doesn't seem that the fedora ever tries to fetch the config
> file, it just dumps me to a normal install which I can perform over
> http.  Any pointers?

    From syslinux.doc which mostly applies to PXE

"    Notes:  Labels are mangled as if they were filenames, and must be
                unique after mangling.  For example, two labels
                "v2.1.30" and "v2.1.31" will not be distinguishable
                under SYSLINUX, since both mangle to the same DOS filename."

(1) Not sure if  the -fc2 is picked up in your second image name.
(2)  Try a 'wget' <your fedora url> from the machine in a post install
shell.  I think Anaconda gives you wget in  the 'rescue' mode (?), ie,
just append 'rescue' to the PXE boot prompt:  fedora rescue.