Problem with 'comps' package

Sergei Mikhailov sergei at gwu.edu
Wed Apr 14 02:58:08 UTC 2004

Hi,
I am trying to do a kickstart install over http. In
the %packages section, I use a list of all packages
on the system, instead of using package groups
(starting with @). The list was generated by running
`rpm -qa` and then the version and release numbers
were stripped off. One of the packages in the list
is "comps" However, the installer complains that it
cannot find "comps" once kickstart is running. Any
ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

In the repository that is available through http, I
have Febora/base/comps.rpm. I also compied over
comps.rpm into the RPMS directory, so in there I have:
comps-1-0.20031103.i386.rpm
comps-extras-9.0.3-2.noarch.rpm
comps.rpm

One more though. Looking at the apache logs, here
are the request that the installer makes.
/kickstart/Fedora/base/updates.img HTTP/1.0" 404
/kickstart/disc1/Fedora/base/updates.img HTTP/1.0" 404
/kickstart/Fedora/base/product.img HTTP/1.0" 404
/kickstart/disc1/Fedora/base/product.img HTTP/1.0" 404
/kickstart/Fedora/base/netstg2.img HTTP/1.0" 200
/kickstart/Fedora/base/hdlist HTTP/1.0" 200
/kickstart/Fedora/base/comps.xml HTTP/1.0" 200

Looks like it first requested things that were not
in the repository, but it continue nevertheless.
Also, it never really probed for all the available
rpms, so it must have made the decision based on
comps.xml and  the comps package is not there. Can
comps.xml be edited somehow.

Thanks
Sergei