Multiple ks.cfg o a cdrom

Bodle, Donald E donald_bodle at reyrey.com
Tue Apr 20 11:12:50 UTC 2004

I think with 2.1 you must embed them in the initrd.img.  That's what I do.
Here's an example of my syslinux.cfg:

root > cat boot/syslinux.cfg
implicit 1
prompt 1
display reyboot.msg
label i
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=file:/install.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount
label r
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=file:/reload.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount

install.cfg and reload.cfg are embedded in initrd.img:

root > ls initrd
bin  etc          linuxrc     modules  reload.cfg  tmp
dev  install.cfg  lost+found  proc     sbin        var

Donald E. Bodle, Jr., RHCT
Sr. Systems Integration Engineer
Platform Development
The Reynolds and Reynolds Co.
(937) 485-1954

Dazed and confused, but trying to continue...