Kickstart using USB Flash Drive

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Wed Apr 28 20:44:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:40:02PM -0500, Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com wrote:

> I did look into doing PXE installs quite some time ago but it wasn't a
> viable option for my situation.  I would rather stick the bootdisk.img plus
> any additional drivers on my USB flash drive if there is a way to do that.

My point wasn't to do pxe installs, it was that the pxe boot image is an
oversized floppy image that is basically a combination of the
bootdisk.img and drvnet.img, stick it on your usb drive and you probably
won't need to do anything else.

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email at jasonkohles.com                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)