mounting non-install cd in %post cd

Kristen Smith kjsmith at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Apr 29 17:55:51 UTC 2004

Been digging around for a while now and can't seem to figure this out. Is
there anyway to eject the install cd in a %post section and then mount a
newly inserted cd? I have tried various methods of using mount/eject/umount
in the %post sections, but can't seem to get it to work.

Has anyone had any success doing this? I have multiple CDs with data that
need to be installed after the kickstart rpms are installed (unfortunately,
I can't make the contents of the CDs rpms and I have to use multiple CDs for
this part). I would like to keep from doing the kickstart, rebooting the
system and then prompting for the new cds - instead would like to reboot
only after everything has been installed - after I have done the kickstart
and installed the data from the other CDs.

Thanks for the help,
Kristen Smith
Nortel Networks