Intel EE1000 KS Network Connectivity Issue

Andy Ciordia andy.ciordia at pgdc.com
Tue Aug 17 15:19:17 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote:

>Well, if you're still using a kernel from 2 years ago, there isn't much
>chance of a better resolution.  If you use a 2.6 kernel then the network
>device will be picked up, otherwise you have to build e1000 modules using
>Intel code and inject both the new module file into the initrd as well as
>edit the pcitable to have an entry for the newer PCI ID of these nics.

Ah I forgot to mention just what I was installing.  We're putting RH EL
3 on them.  Thats running a 2.4.x variant, which I'm sure has a little
age on it, you'd just think that before releasing the new series of
flavors this problem would have been rolled up since it does have a bit
of age on it.

--
Andy Ciordia, Network Engineer
Planned Giving Design Center (www.pgdc.com)