Mount cdrom in %post

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Tue Dec 7 15:41:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 15:00 -0600, Corey Epps wrote:
> I'm having a problem getting some customized rpms installed during %
> post
>
> Is there a way to mount the cdrom in the post install?
>
> I've looked at using:
>
> # updfstab
> # mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> # cp /mnt/cdrom/extras/*.rpm /mnt/sysimage/root/rpm
>
> Can this command be run in chroot?
>
> I'm trying to copy some rpms out of /extras/*.rpm on my AS3 kickstart
> cd.
>
> Any help on this would be great.  Thanks.

Hi Corey - this is what works for me ...

--snip from ks.cfg--

%post
# need to run this because we turn off kudzu by default
# and it makes mounting cd easier
/usr/sbin/updfstab

# mount cdrom
mount /mnt/cdrom

#copy mysqld initscript across
cp /mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS/extras/mysqld.init /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld

# unmount cdrom
umount /mnt/cdrom

--snip from ks.cfg--

hope that helps ya

--
pAntZ

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when
you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!