How to get kickstart to use existing logical volumes?

Gordon McDowall gordon.mcdowall at fasthosts.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 08:34:22 UTC 2004

Hi Andrew

I had a similar issue when trying to do the same with a box running software
raid, I tried all sorts of different things before I eventually giving up.
What might be worth trying (although it didn't work for me) is to comment
out the partition info in the kickstart file, the kickstart process will
drop out at the partitioning point where you can manually configure the
partitions the way you want, once this has been done the kickstart install
will continue, after the install is complete and the machine has rebooted,
log in and take a look at the file /root/anaconda-ks.cfg to see how the
installer interpreted what you did with the partitions.   Like I said, using
this partition info on software raid 1 still did not resolve my issue but it
might be worth a go for logical volumes.   Sorry I can't be of more help.

Gordon McDowall