Re: WiFi network support in a kickstart file

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking and hoping for both, actually.

Thanks
-dant

Andrew Leahy wrote:

Dan Trainor wrote:

Hey all, here's one that will cause for many sleepless nights. I'm wondering if there's a way to possibly include wifi network card support upon install. This should include setting a channel and setting encryption, as well. Is this a little too advanced for a kickstart file? I'm sure there's probably a way to incorperate all this into a %pre, but I was wondering if anyone has done it before.

Do you mean for installation, or for subsequent use? If the latter, you could include some lines like:

cat <<EOF > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0
DEVICE=...

EOF

in %post. If I recall correctly, all of the WiFi information gets written to this file or another similar file, though I also seem to recall having to muck with /etc/modules.conf once or twice to get my Wifi card working.

Andrew Leahy