post installation script question

Wehner, Robert Robert.Wehner at McKesson.com
Fri Jul 2 15:31:55 UTC 2004

You might try something like this. I haven't tried it on 7.2, but it works
in 3.0:

# change to new virtual terminal and set stout/stdin there
exec < /dev/tty6 > /dev/tty6
chvt 6
# gather you're data with echo and read, etc.

Robert Wehner

-----Original Message-----
From: jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov [mailto:jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 9:23 AM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: post installation script question

RH 7.2

Is it possible to run a script that requests user inputs during the post
installation script phase of a kickstart installation?  I'm trying to set
some network configurations based on user inputs with a script at the
bottom of the ks.cfg file in the "%post" section, but I never even see the
"echo" statements that are in the %post section.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
CPDLC Engineer