netboot/install on power architecture

Joerg Maier JMAIER at de.ibm.com
Mon Jun 7 06:41:28 UTC 2004

Thank you very much, that solved the problem.
Now i still have the problem that anaconda does not accept partition
parameters in the ks.cfg. I took them from anaconda-ks.cfg which was
created during a manual installation. the chrp boot partition is missing.
i will try with newer versions of rhelas3.

Newertheless, the hint that of can pass parameters to the netboot-image is
a big help.

Best Regards,
Joerg Maier

JS20 Service Team
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH - Lab Boeblingen
phone: 49-7031-16-4762 (T/L: 120-4762)
mail: jmaier at de.ibm.com
http://www.de.ibm.com/entwicklung/

Wang Nan Chen <chenwn at cn.ibm.com>
Sent by: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
02.06.2004 11:54
Please respond to
Discussion list about Kickstart

Discussion list about Kickstart <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Re: netboot/install on power architecture

Are you working with an power arch machine with an open firmware? If so,
at open firmware prompt, you can trigger the noninteractive network
installatin by running such a command:

0>boot /pci at 400000000211/pci at 2/ethernet at 1:
ks=nfs:NFS_SERVER_IP:/PATH_TO_KSCFG/ks.cfg

Here, "/pci at 400000000211/pci at 2/ethernet at 1" is device info of my working
NIC. Please find your own exact string from SMS menu.

After getting boot image by bootp, this client machine will launch that
image. And, "ks=nfs:..." will be passed to that image as kernel parameter.

Rgds,
WangNan

Joerg Maier <JMAIER at de.ibm.com>

Joerg Maier <JMAIER at de.ibm.com>
Sent by: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
2004-06-02 17:36
Please respond to Discussion list about Kickstart