Issue with Aquiring DHCP

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Mon Jun 7 16:44:57 UTC 2004

Does your switch have spanning tree port-fast enabled?  This tells the
switch to disable spanning tree calculations for that port.  If not
configured and spanning tree is enabled on your network, the time it
takes your link to come up could be 30+ seconds and that's too long for
"loader" to acquire an IP.

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       Americas IT Hosting Sys Admin   |       .|||.       .|||.