check-repository problems

jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov
Tue Jun 29 13:50:11 UTC 2004

RH 7.2

I'm attempting for the 1st time to build a customized kickstart
installation.  I've trimmed down the RPMs and have edited the comps file to
get rid of references to the packages I don't want.  I've seen from several
sources that I should comment out the "import todo" in the
check-repository.py script, which I have done.  When I run the script, I
get the message:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/check-repository.py", line 34, in ?
    from comps import ComponentSet, HeaderList
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/comps.py", line 17, in ?
    import rpm
ImportError: librpm-4.0.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

Is this a problem with my comps file or my version of librpm?  A search for
librpm on my system shows:

/usr/lib/librpmbuild.a
/usr/lib/librpm.a
/usr/lib/librpm.la