check-repository problems

jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov
Tue Jun 29 16:52:50 UTC 2004

Looks like I have rpm-4.0.3-1.03.i386.rpm in the build directory but
librpm-4.0.4.so is installed on the box.  I'll install 4.0.3 and see if
that helps me out.

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
CPDLC Engineer
Joseph Sheairs Associates, Inc.
FAA/AOS-330

                      "Taylor, ForrestX"
                      <forrestx.taylor at intel        To:       Discussion list about Kickstart <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
                      .com>                         cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  Re: check-repository problems
                      kickstart-list-bounces
                      @redhat.com

                      06/29/2004 12:36 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion list about
                      Kickstart

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 06:50, jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov wrote:

> RH 7.2
>
> I'm attempting for the 1st time to build a customized kickstart
> installation.  I've trimmed down the RPMs and have edited the comps file
> get rid of references to the packages I don't want.  I've seen from
several
> sources that I should comment out the "import todo" in the
> check-repository.py script, which I have done.  When I run the script, I
> get the message:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/check-repository.py", line 34, in ?
>     from comps import ComponentSet, HeaderList
>   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/comps.py", line 17, in ?
>     import rpm
> ImportError: librpm-4.0.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file
> or directory
>

> Is this a problem with my comps file or my version of librpm?  A search
for
> librpm on my system shows:
>
> /usr/lib/librpmbuild.a
> /usr/lib/librpm.a
> /usr/lib/librpm.la
> /usr/lib/librpm.so
> /usr/lib/librpmbuild.la
> /usr/lib/librpmbuild.so
> /usr/lib/librpmdb.a
> /usr/lib/librpmdb.la
> /usr/lib/librpmdb.so
> /usr/lib/librpmio.a
> /usr/lib/librpmio.la
> /usr/lib/librpmio.so
> /usr/lib/librpmbuild-4.0.4.so
> /usr/lib/librpm-4.0.4.so
> /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.0.4.so
> /usr/lib/librpmio-4.0.4.so

It is trying to import librpm-4.0.3.so, where you have librpm-4.0.4.so.
Do you have different versions of rpm in your build?

Forrest