Adding programs to %pre

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Mon Mar 8 18:58:08 UTC 2004

I need to add some programs that would run in the %pre section of
kickstart when booted from a cdrom.  From what I can guess, the %pre
environment is loaded from stage2.img.  I added some directories
(including /opt) to the stage2.img and re-burned the CD, but for whatever
reason, the new files I createddon't appear in /opt or /bin, but one of
the files does exist in /usr/sbin as I specified it.  Is stage2.img the
right one to modify? I also tried initrd.img, but that didn't work either.
 Thanks.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394