NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

Joe Cooper joe at swelltech.com
Fri May 7 21:19:05 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 07 May 2004 14:05, Joe Robertson wrote:
>
>>Question:
>>Has anyone has been successful in running kickstart via NFS through
>>an Intel 82546EB network interface?
>
> Is the module even able to load?  We've seen the newer e1000 chipset
> boards require a newer driver from intel.com.  Check your other ttys,
> to see if it even loads the e1000 driver.

If it is helpful to anyone, I have a working (moderately tested) patch
of the latest version of the e1000 driver against the latest Fedora
2.4.22 kernel.  It works for me, though I still have a weird, and
probably completely unrelated, depmod issue in my kernels built with the
patch (my kernels are pretty heavily patched, so I'm pretty confident it
is unrelated).

And if I ever get a new installer image with the driver to work, I'll
make it available...