Probing Monitor from Postconfig

Bill (William) Triest wtriest at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Thu May 27 13:56:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 09:50, Bill (William) Triest wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 09:45, Philip Rowlands wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 May 2004, Bill (William) Triest wrote:
> >
> > >If I run xconfig from a terminal (after su - and typing the password) I
> > >get a command not found.  Is that really the program I run for Red Hat
> > >Enterprise?  If not can anyone tell me what it is for Enterprise?
> >
> > redhat-config-xfree86
>
> That's what I thought.  If I run that from Postconfig is it going to
> bring up the screen for prompts, or will it just autoprobe stuff like it
> does for the instalation.

Sorry about all the e-mails I wanted to expand.  Basically I test run
all commands, and this brings up the GUI.  I had looked into this before
and there is an option to set keys ( --set-<key>=value according to
redhat-config-xfree86).  Since this will run on many comptuers I really
want the autoprobing as on out test boxes it works reliably, I just
can't figure out how to automate it.

Thanks for all the help, I'm really not a newbie I just left redhat a
long time ago (I currently run gentoo on my main box, but I have
reverted to fedora on my other one so I can get use to redhat's
configuration tools instead of manually editing files.)

(just pretend I put my thanks there again)