kernel boot

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 12:17:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Marc Rodriguez wrote:

>I need make add new modules to kikstart kernel. anybody help me ?
>How I  make new kernel?
>I tray to put a normal custom kernel, but It doesn't runing

Either rip apart the installer's initrd and add the required modules, or
rebuild the kernel-BOOT package and recreate the installer from scratch.
Neither are trivial, but instructions for both can be found (sorry, no
links to hand) in the archives of this or anaconda-devel lists.

Possibly easier if you could use a driver disk (pass "dd" argument when
booting anaconda kernel).

Cheers,
Phil